Thursday, February 18, 2010

Potty Training and Training Mommy


So I started potty training Briel this month it has been about two weeks and it's still kind of hit and miss. I have to ask her if she needs to go potty and sometimes make her sit down and try most times. Then other times she'll stop and say she needs to go potty all on her own. She seems to better when she's in a dress with no underwear but that's not real conducive to being out and about. Here she is in one of the new dresses we bought her. We've had several accidents one involving an incident in a Home Depot store. Yuck! Over all she's doing really well. I always tell her I'm proud of her when she goes, so now when she's done she'll stand up and say "I'm so proud of you mommy" and wait for me to tell her I'm proud of her, it's cute.
On the Xander front he's becoming quite the character. He's taking to whining when he gets really tired but he sounds more like a screeching baby raptor. People worry that he's in pain but he just really needs a nap. Quite dramatic! (and people say girls are bad) Mostly he is a very happy, laid back boy which is nice since Briel is bounce off the walls crazy most days. He likes to stick his blanket in his mouth then look at you and smile. I'm not sure why he does this but it makes me laugh every time he does. He loves to do things to get my attention. The other day he was crying so I picked him up but I guess I didn't look him in the eye or something because he kept fake crying so stopped and asked him what was wrong and he just started laughing at me. I think I'm being schooled by my 6 month old, I'm in trouble.
We excited about spring so we can get back out side and play (Briel asks to go to the zoo almost everyday.) We also can't wait to get out garden started we'll be adding artichokes this year so were looking forward to seeing how those work out in this state.

2 comments:

  1. Yea Yea Yea you have a blog!!!! I love it. It helps me keep in touch with you guys that are so far away from me. Living in almost idaho makes me feel homesick and blogs tend to ease some of that.

    Your kids are adorable. I love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you still need help with the potty training, but the best and only thing that worked for Roxy was a $10 potty watch. You set it to go off every 30,60,or 90 minutes and it will light up and play music to remind them that it's time to go potty! It is a local utah company, just google potty watch, (I think maybe it was potty time potty watch?? not sure) any way they come in blue, green and pink. She loved it and it totally worked and took the stress out of it.

    ReplyDelete