Friday, April 16, 2010

Life

Ok so just a quick update, first I have struggled this last month with my weight loss goal. We all got sick and I lost all the momentum I had and i can't seem to find it again. "Here momentum, momentum." I think stress is a big part of the problem. We need to get our condo rented and I keep needing to show potential renters the place right in the middle of my scheduled workout time, bleck. Any way I'll keep trying I just need to be really strick with the no-night-time-snacking and I'd be fine. I guess I'll just keep trying.

I'm also really excited because my sister-in-law has directed me to a web site that has free building plans for furniture. After two years in our house I will finally have a kitchen table. We went to home depot yesterday and bought all the wood we need. The total came to $70 dollars for the wood and supplies so for 70 bucks and a little elbow grease I hope to have a solid wood, modern looking, square table for a fraction of the cost. We start construction next week and everything goes smoothly with this then I will be trying several other things on this site. Knockoffwood.blogspot.com . I will hopefully be posting pic's of our totally cool table next week.

Next we have been working on out our garden since late January and now it's finally time to take our endeavor outside. We will be planting our cool weather veggies outside this week. Some of our plants are a little late, due to the mix up of mother nature not getting the memo about spring but better late then never, hopefully. We are adding a lot more veggies this year so it should be fun as we try and keep the new plants alive some include, artichokes, pumpkins, spinach, Jalapenos, Broccoli, etc. As well as a new strange melon I hope to get growing up my ugly chain link fence. The fruits are yellow with red strips and get to be about 1 lbs each so it should be cool. If you want to know what our garden looks like I will be doing a weekly blog dedicated to it's progress at Weekly Garden Update (I know such an original name huh). If you are interested in starting your own garden I have been working like mad to put together a website to make the whole gardening thing easier. Discover Square Foot Gardening I hope you find it helpful.

1 comment:

  1. im am growing my first official garden this year. I hope i don't have a black thumb. ill have to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete